What causes obesity and overweight?
The main cause of obesity and overweight is an energy imbalance between consumed and consumed calories. Worldwide there were:
Changes in diet and exercise patterns are often the result of environmental and social changes related to development and the lack of supportive measures in sectors such as health, agriculture, transport, urban planning and the environment. , Food processing, sales, marketing and education.
- an increased intake of energy dense foods high in fat and sugar; and
- an increase in physical inactivity due to the increasing sedentary lifestyle in many forms of work, changing modes of transport and increasing urbanization.
How can you reduce overweight and obesity?
Overweight and obesityand related non-communicable diseases are largely preventable. Supportive environments and communities are vital in shaping people’s choices as healthier eating habits and regular physical activity are the easiest option (the most accessible, available, and affordable option) and therefore the best choice to prevent overweight and obesity.At the individual level, people can:
Individual responsibility can only be fully effective when people have access to a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, on a societal level, it is important to help people follow the above recommendations by sustainably implementing evidence-based and population-based strategies that make regular physical activity and healthier eating habits available, affordable and easily accessible to all, especially the poorest. make individuals. An example of such a policy is a tax on sugary drinks.The food industry can play an important role in promoting healthy eating by:
- Limit your energy intake from fat and total sugars
- Increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables, as well as legumes, whole grains and nuts; and
- Exercise regularly (60 minutes a day for children and 150 minutes a week for adults).
- Reduce the fat, sugar and salt content of processed foods;
- Use weightloss pills such are Meticore. Read Meticore review before you purchase.
- Ensure that healthy and nutritious options are available and affordable for all consumers;
- Restrict the marketing of foods high in sugar, salt and fat, especially foods for children and young people; and
- Ensure the availability of healthy foods and support regular physical activity in the workplace.